Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Something New


Something New

                I am not one that is usually very surprised by people anymore. I have met and have known a lot of people. I have served tables in restaurants and bars. That kind of job really affords one an opportunity to study people and their behavior. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on how most people operate. Then I meet a group like the bunch in block 2 this semester.

                We have laughed and cried together. We have been angry with one another and reconciled and become friends again. We come to one another’s defense and we comfort each other in our darker moments. Intimate bonds have formed between us. The only word for it is love and love is rare indeed, especially in a group where the individuals are essentially in competition with one another.

                I have made friends that I hope to keep the rest of my life. They make me a better person just for having known them. They encourage and inspire me to want to be more than I am. They challenge me to rise to the occasion and be excellent.

                I am forever grateful for my experiences with this group this year. You will all be missed terribly when it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment